Butterfly-16 (STORM Racing Drone)
FPV anywhere - the ultra-small 1.6" FPV racer with propeller guard - Storm Butterfly-16 (1.6") Bind-n-Fly Edition The 3" Storm Owl is a huge success, it's the perfect FPV all-rounder...
The 3" Storm Owl is a huge success, it's the perfect FPV all-rounder for everyone, from the first time beginners to the experienced RC enthusiasts, it's almost crash-proof design keeps the fun going. Would it be nice to have a micro version for indoor or park flying? Meet the Storm Butterfly-16 - a 1.6" micro class all-rounder with prop guard, it has the propeller and equipment protected inside the 1mm top + 1.5mm bottom carbon fiber box-shaped frame, when the drone hit an obstacles it just bounce back like a RC car on the floor, it gives you pure enjoyment without the downtime for replacing propellers and repairing which we LOVE so much, we crashed it countless time in our office and it requires no maintenance, when it crash, just flip it over and fly again! It's micro size also makes it great to fly around tiny space(e.g. your house, office, park, gymnasium.... etc.) without the worry of breaking something, it gives you pure enjoyment.
Besides the box-shape design, Butterfly-16 and take both 2S or 3S LiPo, it's a direct swap, no settings requires, just hook up the battery and you'll get very different flight character, 2S gives you smooth and relax flying, great for beginners and indoor flying, while 3S gives you very sharp handling and high speed experience, suitable for advanced pilot or outdoor flying.
Although the Butterfly-16 has this small 71mm (1.6" prop) main frame, it has all the gadgets you can find on the big drone, such as the famous HGLRC XJB Micro F3 Flight Controller w/ BetaFlight, 1103 7800kv brushless motor, 25A 4-in-1 BLHeli ESC, 1.6" (40mm) tri-blade propeller, 120° FPV camera + 25mw VTX, warning buzzer and LED light which makes it perfect for both LOS (Line of Sight) and FPV (First Person View) players, very easy to control, sharp and precise handling. Compact frame design has the best C.G. and well balanced in both pitch and roll axis, perfect center of gravity in the middle which is considered a great advantage for freestylers who do some crazy move in speed.
Storm Butterfly-16 features :
- One of the smallest brushless motor FPV racer
- Micro class (71mm) with 1.6" (40mm) prop
- Durable box-shape design - when it hit something it just bounce back and keep flying, if it crashed, just flip it over and fly again, without the downtime for replacing propellers and repairing
- Fly with both 2S or 3S LiPo to get different flight experience
- HGLRC XJB Micro F3 FC w/ BetaFlight + 25A 4-in-1 BLHeli - they are the latest drone racing software
- Excellent handling, very agile and smooth control
- Long flight time among micro class
- Under 250 g, it does not require UAS registration to fly (necessary for pilots in the US)
- 1mm top + 1.5mm bottom carbon fiber box-shape frame makes it very durable!
- Super light setup, 52 g only
Durable box-shape carbon fiber frame - it's one tough little beast!
Only the best stuff onboard
No compromise on the choice of equipment on the Storm Butterfly-16, it's truly a "Ready to Race" aircraft for top level racing.
We build it for you!
We have years of experience in this field and learned a lot of know-how on how to build a good FPV racer, we care about details and expect nothing less from our RTF or BNF aircraft, we also provide different spec built for different experience, each drone is built and tested by Storm factory guys to ensure you'll get a truly world class, out-of-box ready to fly FPV racer. Preloaded with Storm tuned 3 Flight mode + 3 Speed mode, everyone can enjoy, from beginners to experts.
The Storm Butterfly-16 includes our exclusive BetaFlight Parameters!
Pr-loaded with three flight modes and three speeds.
The Angle Mode is auto-leveled making is a no-stress flying experience for the complete beginner or for flight training.
In Horizon Mode the drone is no longer limited by angle, allowing you to do flip and roll, auto-leveling directly after performing the trick.
In Rate Mode, the drone will fly like an airplane with no auto-leveling or angle limitation, making it great for flying around in large spaces.
These flight modes are completely unique to the Butterfly-16 – there is nothing else like it on the market.
Storm has made a solution to isolate vibration generated by motors.
Designed by players for players, pure FPV excitement with the micro Butterfly-16
Installed with a remote controlled battery-warning buzzer!
A remote controlled battery-warning buzzer comes already installed in the drone. This buzzer will alert you when the low voltage threshold (adjustable) has been reached. You can also trigger the buzzer using a switch on the transmitter to help locate the aircraft if you happen to land in tall grass.
Storm Butterfly-16 Specifications :
- Carbon weight : 10g
- Weight : 52g (without battery)
- Dimension : 96mm (L) x 111mm (W) x 22mm (H) (without battery)
- Motor to motor : 71mm
- Motor : 1103 7800kv brushless motor
- Propeller : RJX 40mm (1.6") tri-blade propeller
- ESC : 25A 4-in-1 BLHELI ESC
- Flight Controller : HGLRC XJB Micro F3 (target PIKO BLX, running BetaFlight)
- FPV system : FXT FX805 120° FPV camera + 25mw VTX
- Recommend battery : 2S 350mah, 3S 350mah~400mah
This package includes :
1. Fully Assembled Storm Butterfly-16
2. 6pcs Clockwise RJX 40mm tri-blade Propeller (4 of them are spare)
3. 6pcs Counter-Clockwise RJX 40mm tri-blade Pusher Propeller (4 of them are spare)
4. Battery mat
5. LiPo rubber band
6. 1.5mm Hex wrench (for changing propellers)
7. Charger lead (4mm Banana to JST)
* Battery sold separately
* Charger sold separately
Useful Items :
Product Status : In-Stock