Mech X5 BetaFlight (Storm Racing Drone)
Race with style! Meet the Storm Mech X5 Racing Pod Bind-n-Fly Edition Designed and manufactured by the same team of Storm SRD280, aseembled by Storm Factory, the Mech X5 is...
Designed and manufactured by the same team of Storm SRD280, aseembled by Storm Factory, the Mech X5 is a light weight 220mm class FPV racer loaded with high-end FPV components, expert-tuned racing machine ready for any top level competition and any aggressive flying.
The Storm Mech X5 is a X-frame design with a full carbon fiber 4mm "Unibody" main plate. The team put a lot of thoughts on this beautiful pod racer to improve performance, increase durability and easy for maintenance, such as the "Camera Bumper" and "Motor Bumper" which does a great job to increase durability; open bonnet design makes it easier to access the core components; top mount battery on an X-frame is unique on the market, now it's easier to access the battery and better protection for the battery; and the biggest feature is the Optimized C.G. at when the drone is tilted at 30°, it gives perfect handling when you are flying at speed. The Mech X5 is not only a good looking drone for your shelf, it's a serious FPV racer for aggressive flying as well!
Storm Mech X5 Ready-to-Fly features :
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber "Unibody" airframe featuring a solid 4mm main plate
- Fully painted and decorated military style canopy
- 326 g only (without battery), that's very impressive for a drone with canopy
- Top mounted battery X-frame, better C.G. and protection than those with battery mounted on belly
- Optimized C.G. at 30° tilt angle which increase handling at speed
- Motor to motor 220mm, installed with HQ 5 x 4 x 3 tri-blade propellers
- Installed with Storm Spear M2205-2350kv ultra light weight motor with excellent response times (test report : Mini Quad tectbench)
- HGLRC 3-in-1 SP Racing F3 Flight controller to keep the weight down and clean wiring, preloaded with BetaFlight software (Storm tuned)
- Storm Raptor 390 30A ESC with BLHeli firmware in OneShot protocol (
- Installed with RunCam Swift 600TVL FPV CCD Camera, excellent video quality for both indoor and outdoor
- Storm FX799T 200mw VTX for reliable and stable video transmission
- Already upgraded with with TBS Triumph Antenna, that saves you a lot of money
- Built-in OSD for battery voltage and flight time
- Camera bumper for better protection
- Bumpers on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash, like all SRD series
- Able to carry GoPro 4 with included 3D printout mount
Video by Florin Cozma with 5S battery with Storm Spear 2207-2000kv motor (* optional built)
Beautiful pre-painted and decorated military style canopy
Unique features - Optimized C.G. at 30° tilted for speed flying
Unique features - X-frame with battery mounted on top
HGLRC 3-in-1 Flight controller (SP Racing F3 layout w/ BetaFlight software) to save weight and clean wiring
The Storm Mech X5 includes our exclusive optimized BetaFlight Parameters!
Pre-loaded with three flight modes and three speeds.
The Angle Mode is auto-leveled making is a no-stress flying experience for the complete beginner or for flight training.
In Horizon Mode the drone is no longer limited by angle, allowing you to do flip and roll, auto-leveling directly after performing the trick.
In Rate Mode, the drone will fly like an airplane with no auto-leveling or angle limitation, making it great for flying around in large spaces.
These flight modes are completely unique to the Storm Mech X5 – there is nothing else like it on the market.
Ultra light weight Storm Spear M2205-2350kv and HQ 5 x 4 x 3 tri-blade propeller
Specially built for the latest FPV racing generation, by using high quality steel bearings and CNC precision machined parts, the Storm Spear™ motor delivers silky smooth and reliable power. The Kv and size of the motor are carefully selected to be optimized for 5" props on a 4s battery which gives you excellent handling and rocketfast speed.
Storm Raptor 390 30A ESC, utilizing BLHeli firmware compatible with OneShot (default), MultiShot and Active Braking (aka. Damped Light)
Continuous 30A and Burst at 40A output, works great with 220X motors.
Comes complete with the RunCam Swift CCD camera
The RunCam Swift CCD camera is well protected within the main frame, it ensures great image quality during transitions from bright to dark spaces. The tilt angle is fully adjustable, so that you can be assured of great video from any of the flight styles you choose.
Storm FX799T 200mw Video Transmitter with the famous TBS Triumph Antenna, delivers great quality and reliable video feeds
Included Storm MiniMOSD Module for BetaFlight, tells you the critical flight data
Installed with a remote controlled battery-warning buzzer!
A remote controlled battery-warning buzzer comes already installed in the drone. This buzzer will alert you when the low voltage threshold (adjustable) has been reached. You can also trigger the buzzer using a switch on the transmitter to help locate the aircraft if you happen to land in tall grass.
This is a Storm Edition, meaning it always comes with something extra!
Here we have the 3D printout battery connector holder and GoPro 4 mount, only on Helipal.com!
A big reason for upgrading FrSky radio set (* optional)
You'll get telemetry data on the FrSky transmitter screen such as Battery voltage, Radio signal... etc, and it'll voice alert you for low battery and radio signal.
Storm Mech X5 (w/ HGLRC 3-in-1 SP Racing F3 Flight Controller) Specifications :
- Weight : 326g (without battery)
- All-up-weight : 481g (with 14.8V 1300mah 65C battery)
- Dimension : 193mm (L) x 193mm (W) x 80mm (H) (without battery)
- Motor : Storm Spear™ M2205 2350kv Motor
- Propeller : HQ 5 x 4 x 3 tri-blade propeller
- ESC : Storm Raptor 390 30A ESC
- Flight Controller : HGLRC 3-in-1- SP Racing F3 w/ built-in OSD module (running BetaFlight software w/ Storm tuned parameters)
- FPV system : Storm 5.8Ghz FX799T 200mw Video Transmitter (Default 5665 mhz)
- FPV Antenna : TBS Triumph Antenna
- Camera : RunCam Swift 90° 600TVL CCD (PAL)
This package includes :
1. Fully Assembled Storm Mech X5 (w/ BetaFlight) and FPV System (Camera and Transmitter)
2. 6pcs Clockwise HQ 5 x 4 x 3 tri-blade Propeller (4 of them are spare)
3. 6pcs Counter-Clockwise HQ 5 x 4 x 3R tri-blade Pusher Propeller (4 of them are spare)
4. Storm lipo straps
5. GoPro 4 Mount (Soft TPU) and strap
HeliPal.com’s Quality Control checks, tests and calibrates every single helicopter before shipping!
Do you know how important that is? It is essential!
Many online drone sellers don’t check or calibrate their products at all, as it requires experienced RC pilots and is time consuming. The HeliPal.com team checks and calibrates every aircraft, battery and battery charger to ensure that everything is in great condition before it is shipped to you!
Suitable for :