Loki-S5 (Storm Racing Drone)
Designed for the most demanding racers, first stretched arms racing frame - Storm Loki-S5 Lots of professional FPV racers have great experience on the Storm Loki-X frames and gave lots...
Lots of professional FPV racers have great experience on the Storm Loki-X frames and gave lots of positive feedback, Storm never stop innovating and created the world's first stretched arms FPV racing frame - the Loki-S5 (the "S" stands for stretched). Have the same racing spec as the Loki-X frames such as the super light weight airframe, aerodynamic narrow arms (12mm) and well placed weight distribution, the Loki-S5 now support big lens cameras such as the RunCam Owl Plus and allows you have 90° camera tilt angle for the most aggressive players, and of course, the signature Stretched Arms design on the Loki-S5.
Why Stretched Arms?
The stretched arms idea came from countless times of flying from different racers, Storm based on the SRD199 Loki-X5 frame and tweaked a little bit, made a lot of prototype type and and discovered that longer "wheel base" provides more grip in corners like it is on rails, and it improves acceleration as well. In the following video please look carefully when the racer performs quick turn, the Loki-S5 has tons of grip which you can't find on others.
Testimonial by Gondi Race
This frame is the best I have ever tried, I am Gondi_fpv the pilot of the video, and I have to say that the lokiS5 is very agile and stable in every way, very clean in the straight lines, the turns lets you do them instantly by your Arm shape elongated, a very light weight, possibility to use "props, I only have good words for this frame, have done a great job the people of Stormhobby !!
About the frame
The Loki-S5 frame works with 2204~2306 size brushless motors and 5" to 5.5" propellers, have a motor to motor length of 250mm; lightweight 4mm carbon fiber unibody main frame with super narrow arms of 12mm which have excellent drag co-efficiency, greatly increase handling and acceleration. The bare Loki-S5 airframe kit weights only 64 g makes it a featherlight chassis and ready for the most powerful output.
Designed by players, for players, the well-thought layout is compatible with the latest generation FPV racing equipments on the market, building the Storm Loki-S5 would be an enjoyable task.
The airframe comes with all Aluminum hardware, 30mm long spacers with anodized black and textured grip surface treatment, and exclusively, included with 7075 Aluminum screws with anodized crimson red treatment, how's that for a high-end FPV airframe?
- World's first Stretched Arms™ design on FPV racing frame - It corners like it's on rails!!
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber "Unibody" airframe featuring a solid 4mm main plate and 1.5mm top plate
- Super light setup, airframe weighs 63.5 g
- Support 5.5" Propellers! Once you've tried it, it's hard to go back
- Minimum surface area, 50% less drag than competition
- Excellent handling, extremely agile, faster roll and more stable pitch
- Super narrow arms of 12mm for best drag co-efficiency
- 7075 Aluminum screws included, 50% lighter than steel and iron screws
- Suitable for 2204 ~ 2306 motors
- Multiple motor mounting holes to fit a variety of motors (M3 and M2 screw mounting patterns).
- Easy grip anodized spacers
- "Bumpers" on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash, like all SRD series.
- Dedicated cutouts for SMA connector and video transmitter
- Compatible with HS1177 FPV cameras (26mm cams) with big lens such as RunCam Owl Plus FPV Camera
- 90° camera tilt angle for the most demanding racers
- Able to carry HD camera (such as the GoPro 4, RunCam Action Cam, or GoPro Session) with optional camera vibration mount (not included)
- Easy Lipo Access (suggested Lipo is a 1300mah 4s)
Minimize surface area - faster maneuvering
Less surface area means less drag, leads to better acceleration and handling.
Lightweight is king!
We build it for you!
We have years of experience in this field and learned a lot of know-how on how to build a good FPV racer, we care about details and expect nothing less from our RTF or BNF aircraft, we also provide different spec built for different experience, each drone is built and tested by Storm factory guys to ensure you'll get a truly world class, out-of-box ready to fly FPV racer. Preloaded with Storm tuned 3 Flight mode + 3 Speed mode, everyone can enjoy, from beginners to experts
Option 1 : Storm Spec
There will be no compromise on this flagship of Storm Racing Drones, using only the best material, all the components are ready-to-race grade, in fact, every piece are exactly the same that Storm Factory racer is using, expect nothing less from the expert built Storm Spec Loki-S5.
Loki-S5 Storm Spec Features
- STUNNING cornering skill like nothing else, stretched arms really give you something different
- Installed with 5.5" propeller, once you've tried this you can't go back
- BeeRotor BRF3 FC w/ pre-tuned BetaFlight
- FC built-in OSD module, it will overlay flight data on the video feeds, such as Flight Mode, Battery Voltage, Battery Current...
- BeeRotor PDB V2 with current sensor
- Storm Spear M2205-2350kv ultralight Brushless Motor
- AIKON SEFM BLHeli_S 30A ESC
- HQ 5545 Propeller
- Storm FX799 200mw VTX
- TBS Triumph FPV Antenna
- Support 4S 1300mah LiPo battery (* optional)
Every expert built Loki-S5 includes our exclusive optimized BetaFlight Parameters!
Storm has made a solution to isolate vibration generated by motors.
Built-in OSD module on the BRF3 Flight Controller which includes battery current and battery drainage, this is useful!
Rule number one, it has to look cool!
Two bright LEDs on each rear arm tells you the drone's status and the buzzer will alert you when the low voltage threshold has been reached, and best of all, it's remote controlled, you can trigger the buzzer using a switch on the transmitter to help locate the aircraft if you happen to land in tall grass.
Storm always care about details
A big reason for upgrading FrSky radio set (* optional)
You'll get telemetry data on the FrSky transmitter screen such as Battery voltage, Current drainage, Radio signal... etc, and it'll voice alert you for low battery and radio signal.
Storm Loki-S5 Specifications :
- Frame weight : 64 g (airframe only)
- All-up-weight : 299 g (w/o battery, measured with Storm Spec, may varies with different built)
- Motor to motor : 250mm
- Recommend prop. size : 5", 5.5"
- Dimension :250mm (L) x 177mm (W) x 39mm (H)
- Main plate : 4mm thick
- Top plate : 1.5mm thick
- FC drill holes : 30.5mm x 30.5mm
- Motor drill holes : M2 and M3
- Camera support : HS1177 size FPV cam w/ big lens
- Receiver : RadioLink R9D-Lite (S.Bus)
- Recommend battery 4S 1300mah
This package includes :
1. Fully Assembled Storm Loki-S5 (* optional Spec)
2. RadioLink AT9 Radio System
3. 6pcs Clockwise Propeller (4 of them are spare)
4. 6pcs Counter-Clockwise Propeller (4 of them are spare)
5. Battery mat
6. Storm lipo strap
7. Storm neoprene landing pads
8. 3-in-1 Multi-nut Wrench (10mm / 8mm / 5.5mm)
* Battery sold separately
* Charger sold separately
Useful Items :
Product Status : In-Stock
Useful Information :